Skip to content

Travel Registration

Students traveling internationally individually (e.g., on a travel grant) or as a group for Davidson College-related purposes must register their travel dates and sign a travel waiver. Please click the button below to complete the registration:

For Students Studying Abroad:

  • If you have received a Dean Rusk or other Davidson grant to participate in a credit-bearing study abroad program, you do NOT need to complete a separate travel registration.  The travel waiver is included in your study abroad application.
  • If you are using Dean Rusk or other grant funds for additional international travel before or after your study abroad program, you DO need to complete the travel registration.


If you are a U.S. citizen, please enroll in the U.S. Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important information from the U.S. Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country. This program will help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.

If you are not a U.S. citizen, please check to see if there is a similar service offered through the foreign ministry of your country of citizenship. You should also check the embassy website for your destination to confirm if you require a visa to enter. It may take up to 90 days to receive a visa and have your passport returned to you, so early preparation is strongly recommended.

Students will find information on health, safety, and smart travel on the U.S. Department of State's Students Abroad webpage. For additional information on health and travel, please visit the Center for Disease Control's Traveler's Health webpage.

Davidson provides complimentary international emergency health insurance through EIIA to students, faculty, staff, and family members traveling for College-related purposes. Please visit the EIIA website (scroll down) to review coverage, the claims process, and available resources.

Additional Resources: