The estimated cost of the Summer 2020 Davidson in Ghana program is $6,500.00. This program fee is subject to change.
This fee covers:
This fee does not cover:
- Tuition for two Davidson College course credits
- Most meals
- Group excursions
- Round-trip airfare from designated U.S. departure city to Accra
- Yellow fever vaccination (not including office visit fees)
- Single-entry visa for Ghana plus postage fees (approximately $130.00)
What grants or scholarships are available to help fund summer study abroad?
- Domestic transportation between home city and U.S. point of departure/return
- Other immunizations and anti-malarial medication - check the CDC website for additional recommendations and ask your doctor about prices
- Daily transportation in Kumasi ($2/day), daily lunches and snack ($3/day), personal expenses (entertainment, souvenirs, etc.) - approximately $50
- Passport fees (if applicable) - $135 (new) $110 (renew) - check travel.state.gov for the most current information
Students admitted to the Davidson in Ghana program are automatically considered for need-based funding by the Abernethy Grant committee. No separate application is required. Recent awards have ranged between $2,000 - $5,000. Additional details and resources may found in the "Funding for Summer Programs" item within the application portal.
Davidson College Study Abroad Program
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
If a student withdraws from a Davidson College study abroad program or is required by the College to withdraw, the following payments will be assessed:
If withdrawal occurs between the time of deposit and the beginning of the Davidson College study abroad program, the amount of deposit will be retained by the College, as well as any funds already committed on behalf of the student. Committed funds are 1) monies that the program has already paid to a service provider, and/or 2) monies that the program has agreed to pay a service provider on terms that cannot be modified.
If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of a semester or a summer program, for any reason, no refund of the semester or summer program cost is issued.
If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of the first semester of an academic year program, for any reason, no refund of the first semester cost is issued. If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of the second semester of an academic year program, no refund of the full academic year cost is issued.
If a student receiving federal aid withdraws from a Davidson College study abroad program, the federal aid funds will be treated according to applicable federal regulations. Detailed rules and laws related to these calculations are available upon request from the Office of Admission and Financial Aid.
If Davidson College cancels one of its study abroad programs due to circumstances beyond the College’s reasonable control, a full refund of the program cost will be issued.
The College offers tuition-refund insurance during the academic year for Davidson College study abroad programs through AWG Dewar, Inc. Detailed information may be obtained by calling 617-774-1555 or online at College Refund.