Programs > Brochure
IFSA - Intensive Chinese Language
Shanghai, China (Outgoing )
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Davidson College applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2020||02/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10698Program Housing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10703Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10704Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10706Language Prerequisite:
|Class Eligibility:||02-Sophomore, 03 - Junior|
Study Abroad in Shanghai with the Alliance:
Intensive Chinese Language
Shanghai has grown exponentially in the last hundred years—from a colonial trading port to a massive international metropolis with a population of 24 million. Known for its fast-paced industry and cosmopolitan vibe, the city is intricately connected with the global flows of commodities and people. It also represents the enormous environmental, economic, and social challenges that are mirrored across China and around the world. Want to become immersed in a globally-minded population? Shanghai is your city.
- Rapidly improve your Chinese language skills through a rigorous 15 credit course load dedicated solely to language acquisition.
- Build your practical language skills through volunteer opportunities, NGO visits, and a Chinese-only language pledge.
- Live with a host family to promote language immersion and gain an in-depth understanding of Chinese family dynamics and traditions.
- Take your language skills outside of the city and discover the many realities and language inflections that exist in China through a week-long field study trip.
Take the Next Step
- Visit our website for more information about our Intensive Chinese Language program in Shanghai, including previous course syllabi, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply now! Two previous semesters of Chinese language study are required. Consider submitting an application for one of the Alliance's need-based scholarships at the same time as you apply for your study abroad program.
Interested in studying Chinese language in Shanghai over the summer instead? Check out our Summer in Shanghai program!