|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Davidson College applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10698Program Housing:
|Apartment, Dorm, Homestay||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10703Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10704Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10706Language Prerequisite:
|Class Eligibility:||03 - Junior|
Take your arts and sciences studies a step further with study abroad in South Africa. Cape Town is all about exploring the wonders of nature while learning about contemporary South African society. The prestigious University of Cape Town (UCT) is CIEE’s partner school and your host for coursework in English on anthropology, business, economics, engineering, history, liberal arts, linguistics, literature, media, science, and more.
All courses are complemented with CIEE activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and enhance intercultural understanding.
with a South African family in a homestay.
Cape Town people in need – students say it is a pinnacle of their study abroad experience.
LIVE AND LEARN
where natural beauty and outdoor fun are part of everyday life.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore iconic sites like the Cape Peninsula, Cape Flats, and Robben Island.
- Join local fans at Newlands Stadium to watch cricket or rugby.
- See culture come to life with theater, music, and dance productions.
- Visit rural cooperatives to experience daily life beyond the city.
- Immerse yourself in campus life at the University of Cape Town by joining a social, sport, or cultural club – select up to three activities, and we’ll cover the cost.
Volunteering: Receive more than you give by participating in an Impact Project in a local community or giving your time on a weekly basis by tutoring students, working with health and medical organizations, providing services for the homeless, or using your administrative skills for the benefit of a local organization.
Peer-to-peer connections: Resident Assistants (RAs) are top UCT students, recruited and trained by CIEE to help with cultural excursions, live with CIEE students in UCT residence halls or CIEE’s off-campus apartments, and introduce CIEE students to the UCT campus community.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to South African culture, your academic program, the city, and practical information about living in Cape Town
- Full-time program leadership and support in Cape Town
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us