Programs > Brochure
IFSA - Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru
Lima, Peru (Outgoing )
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10698Program Housing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10703Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10704Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10706Language Prerequisite:
|Class Eligibility:||02-Sophomore, 03 - Junior|
Study Abroad in PERU
Pontifica Universidad Catolica Del Peru
About the Program
Peru is a melting pot of people, world-recognized cuisine, music and dance from Africa, Asia and Europe, combined with local indigenous populations. Want to get involved in social, economic and political issues through community service and research? Our community-based learning component gives you firsthand experience by working with NGOs.
One of the most cosmopolitan and important capitals in South America, Lima is located in a stunningly beautiful setting setting in west central Peru, along the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Among the many things to do in Lima are the local markets featuring beautiful crafts, student friendly entertainment, museums, archaeological sites and architectural treasures.
- Study on a 100-acre campus with modern buildings, picturesque gardens and archaeological excavations
- Take advantage of outstanding academics at one of the highest ranked universities in Latin America where you can find courses that are difficult to find in other Latin American institutions
- Get involved in Peruvian social, economic and political issues through community service and research with major non-governmental organizations in Lima
- Archaeology majors can work at Huaca Pucllana, a pre-Incan site from the Lima culture that dates from 0 to 700 AD and is still under exploration
- You will work with a local NGO throughout the semester as part of the required Peruvian Social Reality course. Available organizations focus on human rights, women's movements, ecology, homelessness and more.
- Gender concentration allows students to really dig deeper into social issues in Peruvian society, such as the Ni Una Menos movement
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the Pontifica Universidad Catolica Del Peru program, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278